Why isn't a particular upsell showing?
If a particular upsell isn't showing, it could be due to a number of reasons:
- You haven't yet deployed your changes to your current theme.
- The item is already in the customer's shopping cart.
- The item is inventory controlled and it is sold out.
- The item is not published to the Online Store.
- A minimum cart value has been set for the upsell and the customer does not meet the minimum threshold.
- The upsell has been disabled.
Why are no upsells showing?
If you aren't seeing any upsells appearing, it could be because:
- You have not published the upsells to your theme (see Deploying Upsells)
- All of the upsells fall into one of the categories outlined above in the section Why isn't a particular upsell showing?.
- The upsell modal has been displayed recently and the customer has already dismissed it.
If none of those reasons apply and you have not gotten a single upsell to display, reach out to us. In particular, themes that use an AJAX cart can differ slightly, and if you're using a theme we haven't seen before, we may need to handle your case as well.